Monday 15 December 2008

Weapons of mass distraction

Pretty boys really need licenses to wield their beauty... and my gym locker room really needs a neon sign just near the entrance that says "warning, distraction ahead!", especially when said pretty boy is unwittingly getting changed just as an easily distracted fella like me enters the locker room.

I'm usually distracted by beardy and fuzzy guys but this morning as I stepped into the men's locker room my eyes locked onto the finely chiselled body of an exquisitely well proportioned, smooth and classically handsome man whom I'd never seen before.  As I made my way across the locker room, past one of the low benches dotted around the room, I also tried to steer around another fella who had his back to me while buttoning his shirt.  All the while my eyes never left the divine form of the heavenly fella on the far side of the room until my reverie was broken with the sudden and very audible sound of my shoulder crashing into the shirt-buttoning fella's slightly ajar locker door!

Of course, if my gaze hadn't been so sharply focused (and my brain had been a little more engaged in the act of obstacle negotiation) I might have seen the offending locker door on the bounds of my peripheral vision and stepped aside with tai chi inspired grace and balance...  All I could do was slink into my preferred corner of the changing room and realise that if the other fellas didn't suspect I fancy men, they probably did now.  Mortifying as the experience was, I soon brushed the embarrassment aside and continued to savour the rapturous memory of this wonderful stranger's form for the rest of the day.

8 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

Hmmm. What might be the cause of your poor eyesight?

ahoj

fur inspector said...

Oh, the eyesight was fine... perhaps a little too fine on this occasion. :D Though the vision of beauty probably caused my eyes to open a bit wider than usual... ;)

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read your post. I would like to revisit your blog, as your writing has interested me.

If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an entertaining one.

Naval Langa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who's done this! ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Great start!

GB said...

Ahhh, I see you're the husband of another blogger :-). Well, good luck with the blog mate. Keep it up :-)

GB xxx

Anonymous said...

aaah the curse of the gym locker room strikes again!!!!!!
nice to see some partners are not too shy to share their blogs with each other...nice post

Sx

Muffy said...

Um Yes...that guy you have pictured is certainly HOT! I hope he left a little hair "down there" though. Check out my blog
http://womendatinghomosexualmen.com if you will. I posted something about manscaping tonight which prompted me to click on your post. Good luck!
Muffy