Monday 9 March 2009

Beardy boys

There's something to be said for the sight of a gorgeous beard on a man, which can make even the hardiest of fur inspectors quiver with delight. I've always been a face man, often drawn to men's eyes and facial hair before noticing their other fine features. Besides, facial hair often hints at other hairy bits that could be in need of inspection... ;)

The Husband was recently experimenting with different beard lengths to find something that worked well as a fuller beard. I've often asked him not to trim his beard too short (i.e. stubble) as it's a gorgeous reddish brown colour when grown longer! :) Along with the experimenting he also wanted to give his beard a more defined edge around the neck line. Out came the beard trimmer and he soon had a lovely tidy bit of face fur.

There are so many variations of beard style but I tend to prefer a more classical look that's a little longer than stubble. Of course, stubble is also enormously sexy on most men but I'm quite glad to see more men sporting fuller beards these days. Slightly scruffy beards can look sexy too, perhaps if the fella has long enough hair, like Hugh Jackman, to go with the whole look. For me, a beard definitely looks better when it's tidy and has a neatly trimmed edge to better frame the often very handsome fella's face... :) I also like the way stubble and especially beards can enhance a fella's masculine features.

Speaking of beard trimming, I'm reminded of my first date with The Husband all those years ago. Our mutual friends had arranged for the four of us to meet in a local café. When I stepped into the shop and found their table I was immediately struck by The Future Husband's amazingly blue eyes. I also noticed with a touch of sadness that he'd shaved off his lovely beard. All I'd seen of him before our date was an online photo from some months before, where he was sporting a goatee. Our unwitting friends had convinced him to shave his beard the night before to appear as youthful as possible for our first encounter. Little did they know that as a novice fur inspector I adored fuzzy looks even then.

Nevertheless, the date went swimmingly and we decided to meet again that night at a club. Later that evening we were outside cuddling to keep warm in the slightly chill night air. Along with discovering so many likeable aspects of each other we soon came to discussing fuzzy features and my love of them. The Husband said how naked he'd felt being clean shaven for the first time in years. More cuddling ensued and I quickly convinced him that he should grow his beard again — I could then give him a more thorough inspection! :) Besides, there were better forms of nakedness we could explore in the meantime... ;) and thankfully The Husband has never been clean shaven since!

1 comment:

Will said...

What a superb male-male courtship/seduction story. High gay romance, nicely told.