Saturday 7 March 2009

Cub Addicts Anon

<daydream> "Hello, my name is ____ and I'm a muscle cub addict..." </daydream> Yes, your fur inspector may have to enrol in such a support group. Over the last week I've found myself following some rather cute cubs on Twitter simply because of their beardy looks rather than their witty tweets. At that point I realised this might be construed as stalking behaviour in polite company. Then The Husband pointed out that I do the same on Facebook, by poking my friends' fuzzy friends and hoping for a return poke or more! ;)

Some of the beardy tweeters I happened upon do sometimes have witty and interesting things to say anyway (e.g. "all the best stuff is in aisle 6..."), so perhaps this isn't such a vain exercise after all. (I wish my local Waitrose had these...!)

Perhaps such following and poking speaks more to the ways we try to find and make new friends these days through various online media and social networking sites. It could also be a good way to find new fur inspection candidates! :D

2 comments:

edburton said...

I knew it! I've seen this sort of thing before you know, you get a follow and find the follower also following all your furry faced friends. You however very nearly slipped under my stealth fur inspection radar by being a lucid and culturally aware software developer with lots of relevant things to share. Now I'm wondering if you just talk tech to entrap unsuspecting bearded digital media geeks, damn you fur inspectors are smart *bristle*

fur inspector said...

Fur inspector training takes years and we end up developing many techniques for finding inspection candidates. Seems like there's more techie cubs these days, so an inspector does what an inspector must! ;)